Yoga Journal Pose of the Day

Sunday, December 7, 2008

training


November 19, 2008: Bahar Dar

I got up early, went for a run, encountering the awful diesel exhaust of vehicles in Africa. But I also found people amused at me, a 50-ish white woman, running down an African street early in the morning, when most people were walking to work or school. A few people encouraged me, saying "you go, English", as I passed.

A couple of homeless teenagers with limited English at the turn-around point said "me too. I run", but when I invited them to run with me, either their English ran out, or they had no intention of running.

The link to the map is to an old map, a map that does not show the newly paved road as it is now, where I ran, from the Papyrus Hotel east to the Blue Nile and back. However, I submit it anyway, as part of my record.

View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

No comments: