Yoga Journal Pose of the Day

Friday, October 24, 2008

chiropractor

I took Mary and Jim's advice and made an appointment to see a chiropractor this morning. Having heard him speak already at the 1/2 marathon clinic offered by the Running Room, my impression of him was only reinforced by my first session today. Most encouraging is that there is no mention of not running (woo - hoo!!). Afterwards, I felt by turns, no pain, then as if I'd had a workout. And that's good enough for me.

I understand, however, that it's not only the IT band as I had imagined, but also some weakness of other muscles that support my right knee. There is also lots of tightness in the gluteal muscles. Overall, my peculiar gait results in pain...but it's fixable with some time and work. Ain't that great??

No comments: