Yoga Journal Pose of the Day

Friday, February 6, 2009

races & training

So, training continues. But only because I had to scare myself into staying motivated to run by deciding to go for some races coming up this spring. The first is the Chilly Half. The second is Around the Bay, and the third is the Mississauga Marathon. I know, I know. I'm scaring myself silly, but I think I'm one of those people who has to go for something a little wild and audacious, something beyond what I know I can do at the moment, to keep it interesting.

Are you thinking, why? Are you thinking, she's already run the 10 km Great Ethiopian Run in 2008? You'd be right. But, now that I've done it, I have a better idea of what it's like and I'd like to return, in 2009 or 2010 if possible, to run it better. And if I'm not motivated to keep training, I'll just become a couch potato and couch potatoes can't very well just jump up and run a 10 km race.

No comments: